Premium Travel Visa – Stay and work in Mauritius for 12 Months
STAY IN COVID-SAFE MAURITIUS UNDER PREMIUM TRAVEL VISA
Are you planning an escape to a tropical island? Whether you are a tourist, a retiree, or a professional willing to come with your family and carry out your business in Mauritius for a year, then this visa is the one that you need to visit, retire or work on this beautiful island.
Mauritius has introduced a Premium Travel Visa, valid for a period of one year, with the option to renew after expiry. The Premium Travel Visa provides a great opportunity for any esteemed traveler or for someone looking for an adventure to live and work on the most beautiful island of Mauritius.
This opportunity gives you a chance for a truly balanced lifestyle on a tropical island, where the end of every working day turns into a holiday experience. It also gives you ample time to experience all the hidden jewels of Mauritius that can only be encountered on a rare holiday.
Do I qualify for a Premium Travel Visa in Mauritius?
To qualify for the Premium Travel Visa, visitors should produce proof of their intended long stay plans, including sufficient travel and health insurance for the initial period of 12 months, meeting the following criteria:
- You are required to produce a document outlining your long stay plans that include the following documentation:
- Proof of sufficient travel and health insurance for the initial period of 12 months
- Supporting documents with any relevant evidence to support the application such as:
- Purpose of visit
The Following Rules Apply:
- You may not conduct any business in Mauritius; for that, you will need a business Visa.
- Your main employment, place of business, and source of income should be outside of Mauritius.
Steps to get your Premium Tourist Visa
For change in
Am I Exempt From Needing A Visa?
Not all people traveling to Mauritius require a Visa. Some countries have an agreement in place with Mauritius, which does not require their citizens to enter the country with a Visa.
The exemption is for tourism only. If you are intending on living, working, or retiring in Mauritius, you will need to apply for the appropriate visa.
Check the latest list on the website to see if you are required to apply for a visa before entering Mauritius.
TOP TIP For South Africans – you are not required to apply for a visa to visit Mauritius as a Tourist!
What Else Do I Need?
- a valid passport
- copy of your air ticket (including reservation for a return ticket)
- passport-size photo
- a valid email address
- pre-booking for accommodation (post-quarantine)
- travel and health insurance for the duration of the visit
- proof of funds (bank statement or bank attestation) to cover the cost of your stay in Mauritius (minimum amount of USD 1500/EUR 1300 for monthly expenditure per person and a minimum amount of USD 500/EUR 400 for each dependent below 24 years old)
- A pre-booking for quarantine accommodation also needs to be made prior to the date of travel.
- Any document of a foreign language needs to be accompanied by a certified translation in either English or French language
Get a check-list
Talk to us
Our team of migration experts are here for you
What Is The Purpose Of The Premium Travel Visa?
The Premium Travel Visa aims to encourage foreign nationals for a long stay as a tourist, retiree, or professional to come with their family and manage their business or work remotely from Mauritius, a COVID-safe destination.
How Long Can I Stay?
The Premium Travel Visa allows a non-citizen to stay in Mauritius for a period of one year. You will be able to renew the visa when it expires.
Who Is The Premium Travel Visa For?
A Premium Travel Visa is a requirement for those who intend to stay in Mauritius for a period exceeding 180 days in a calendar year.
For those staying for less than 180 days, a tourist visa is granted on arrival to Mauritius. Citizens from certain countries would need to apply for a visa before leaving their home countries, but with countries where the governments have an arrangement with the Mauritian authorities, a visa is not required.
South Africa is one such country that has an arrangement with the Mauritius government, and as such, their citizens do not need to apply for a visa prior to their arrival in the island nation.
How Do I Apply For A Premium Travel Visa?
An online application or e-visa application can be made online as from 16 November 2020.
In order to qualify for the Premium Travel Visa, you will need to supply all supporting documentation as listed above. You are also welcome to contact our team to help you jump thru all the hoops and get a professional helping hand at no extra cost. We are also available to assist you to find a house, school, and comfortable office space that fits your budget.
Where To Apply
EDB Head Office is located at:
One Cathedral Square Building
16 Jules Koenig Street,
Republic of Mauritius
Click here How to get there
What Are The Costs?
Each Permit has different costs.
How Long Does It Take To Receive Your Premium Travel Visa?
The Premium Travel Visa application will be generally be processed within 48-hours for visa applications made between Monday and Friday. Applications that are submitted over the weekend will be processed on the next working day, i.e., on Monday. The application can be made close to the intended departure date. However, it is recommended that travelers apply well in advance of their intended departure date.
What Are The Costs Involved?
The Premium Travel Visa is issued free of charge. There is no processing fee applicable.
What Else Do I Need To Know?
All passengers traveling with the Premium Travel Visa will have to go through the sanitary and health protocols established by the Ministry of Health and Wellness.
All prospective passengers (including children and infants) traveling to Mauritius for the month from November and December 2021 must have the following documents in their possession:
- A certificate of a negative result COVID – 19 PCR test administered not more than 7 days prior to the date of boarding at the last point of embarkation.
- A valid air ticket to Mauritius
- Proof of purchase of a valid travel package including accommodation on a full board basis at a designated hotel for a mandatory 14-day in-room quarantine.
How Do I Book For Quarantine?
Booking quarantine accommodation can be done quite easily, and it can be done online.
Visit https://booking.mymauritius.travel/ to book your quarantine accommodation prior to arrival.
- All passengers will have to undergo PCR tests on the day of arrival, day 7, and day 14 following their arrival.
- If a PCR test shows that a person is COVID-19 positive, he/she shall be transferred to a public medical institution for treatment.
What Is The Difference Between A Tourist Visa And A Premium Travel Visa?
A standard Tourist Visa is granted for a short period of leisure or vacation travel. Foreign nationals are granted a Tourist Visa for a cumulative period of stay not exceeding 180 days in a calendar year.
A Premium Travel Visa is valid for 1 year with the option to extend at the end of the visa period. This visa is intended for a long stay as a tourist, retiree, or professional person.
Can I Apply For A Premium Travel Visa While I Am In Mauritius Travelling On A Tourist Visa?
Yes, you can apply for a Premium Travel Visa during your stay in Mauritius. Check out our website for instructions on how to extend your stay.